MEAMS offers a distinctive service, exclusively treating avian and exotic pets. Dr. Medlin will provide a standard examination, evaluate husbandry, collect samples for diagnostic lab-work (if needed), prescribe medications, provide treatments, and provide a printed or emailed recommendation for treatment.
We provide veterinary care for all species of birds and reptiles, as well as rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, ferrets, hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, prairie dogs, and amphibians.
Some of our common services include:
- Healthy pet exams – Annual exams
- Sick pet exams
- International and Domestic Health Certificates
- Management of Large Collections and Breeders
- Habitat and Nutritional Consultations
- Microchipping and Deslorelin implantation
- Diagnostic testing – Blood, Fecal, DNA, PCR, etc
- Grooming – Nail trims, Wing trims, and Beak trims
- In-home euthanasia
- Soft tissue and Orthopedic surgery
- Digital radiography
- Specialized Rabbit & Rodent Dentistry (in clinic)
House Call Service*
Dr. Medlin can travel to your home within a radius of approximately 60 miles of downtown Fort Myers (This includes Marco Island, Venice, La Belle, Arcadia, Immokalee, and all communities in between).
This service has significant advantages for clients who are home-bound, need exams on multiple pets, or whose pet has significant challenges being transported. Please be aware that there are additional fees for this service. If you are interested in learning more about our house call service, please call our office at 239-989-8860.
*There are additional fees for this service.